Monday, November 24, 2008

A table at the gratitude cafe

I am thankful for feelings. Lord knows I have a lot of 'em. But today I feel more than I've ever felt before. It's not a bad thing - it's a little scary, but not bad.
My friends and family who know me best like to characterize me as "excessively passionate" which is the nice way of saying that I tend to be over-dramatic and overly-opinionated. Some of them, when feeling a little feisty themselves, like to torment me with that information, poking fun and pushing buttons and watching me flail about under the weight of all my feelings.
In the spirit (I hate that word (<-- prime example of aforementioned "excessive passion") in this context but can't find a better one)of Thanksgiving - today, I am thankful for my feelings. Maybe because today they are different than they've ever been before, who knows.
I am thankful for the feelings my parents have for each other that have kept them going for 30 years.
I am thankful for the feelings I have for my other "family" and the meals I have shared, and will share, with them this week.
I am thankful for the feelings in my sheltered, naive little heart that have been rocked today.
I am thankful for the feelings of excitement I have in the good things that are on the way.
I am thankful for the feelings of sadness I feel, which have reminded me that I am grounded in Truth, and that my hope is unshakable.
I am thankful that I have extremely passionate feelings about things like words, and signs, and people, because those extremely passionate feelings make me what I am - vivacious little fireball that I am.

Wake up everyone
How can you sleep at a time like this
Unless the dreamer is the real you
Listen to your voice
The one that tells you to taste past the tip of your tongue
Leap and the net will appear
I don't wanna wake before
The dream is over
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I... I will own it
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I'll make it all mine
I keep my life on a heavy rotation
Requesting that it's lifting you up
Up up and away
And over to a table at the gratitude cafe
And I am finally there
And all the angels they'll be singing
Ah la la la ah la la ah la la la la la love this
Well I don't wanna break before
The tour is over
I'm gonna make it mine
That's right, I... I will own it
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I'll make it all mine...
Yes, I will make it all mine...
And timing's everything
And this time there's plenty
I am balancing
Careful and steady
And reveling in energy that everyone's emitting
Well I don't wanna wait no more
No, I wanna celebrate the whole world
I'm gonna make it mine
Because I'm following your joy
I'm gonna make it mine
Because I... I am open
I'm gonna make it mine
That's why... I wanna show it
I'm gonna make it, it mine
Gotta make gotta make gotta make gotta make it make it mine
Oh mine...
Yes I will make it all mine...

No comments: