Monday, June 4, 2007

she will sing

"Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt. ‘In that day,’ declares the LORD,’you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master. (Hosea 2:14-16)

I highly suggest reading Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love. This is a book that transformed my understanding of pursuit - a lesson I continually need reminding of.

pursuit: the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture.

I have messed up a lot in my life... especially in the realm of heart-things. Just this past weekend I came face to face with the terrible realization of all the destruction I have let myself slip into in the past. I know what the truth is, and I know what I have been guaranteed, but for some reason I have continually made the choice to go back to my old ways. Not to the same extreme, of course, but the same pattern.

There is a great pursuit for my heart and my affections. He pulls me close, takes hold of my hand and whispers "walk close beside me don't look back...for love is growing vineyards up ahead.... though you're in the dark here, call me friend and call me lover, and marry me for good." Sometimes I make the mistake of stealing the wonder of such a great pursuit. I insist on making things happen when and how I want them to, and the pulchritude is sucked right out of it. It is not my job to woo, .....just to respond.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

mad props for working pulchritude into a sentence!~

Erin Marie said...

are you the one that has that book? i really really want to read it this summer. and i finally found your blog :) (obviously)