Monday, June 11, 2007

I built it and I'll tear it down so you will be set free

freedom: the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint; personal liberty as opposed to bondage or slavery.



More than almost anything else, God uses music to teach me things. I am currently learning an excruciating lesson in what it means to be free.

This concept of freedom is everywhere I look. The land of the free. Completely free checking. It is for freedom that we've been set free. After more than one situation of absolute slavery, I've found myself aching for freedom. I don't know if you know what its like to be in bondage to something, but if you have been you know what I mean. I had a light-bulb moment (it took a couple in this particular situation) where I realized I was literally barreled. Trapped. Locked up and bound. I knew I had known freedom and I want it again.

What for?

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

For freedom. (kudos, William Wallace) I've got this freedom, and I have for the purpose of being free. So here is my choice, and it is only one: don't do it again. Stand firm. Fight hard. Be brave. Don't put yourself in those chains anymore.

You think I can do it?

No comments: