Wednesday, August 24, 2011

a route you'd never take

I've started and deleted this post twice. I have things to say, but each time I start to say them, I end up just complaining. I think that people who complain all the time are life-sucking, self-absorbed, joy-stealers and I don't want to be one of those. So I figure I'll just keep this simple, say what I want to say, and not care much if it's coherent or witty.

I am EXHAUSTED. But how cool is my job that it has allowed me to be in [literally] five states in three days?! [Texas. Tennessee. Pennsylvania. Delaware. Maryland.]

I'm thinking a lot about new opportunities I have. In just two months from now, my life could be pretty different. In the past, that would have seriously freaked me out. Not this time, though. This time, I have a different confidence about me that must just come with age. I know what I'm capable of, I know what I want, and I'm finally in a place where I'm willing to put myself out there and fight for it. [does anyone have any chocolate?]

All of those thoughts have made it difficult to be away from home. It's not abnormal for me to be anxious to get home, but I left  home on Monday already missing it & feeling a little lonely. I've learned over the past few years how to bring a little home with me, and while I'm grateful for the ingenuity that God gives us - I'm still ready to be at home.

I was in [was in? That sounds a little dramatic. I was a part of? I experienced!] - I experienced an earthquake this week. Really. In Philadelphia. It was WE.IRD. I knew what it was and even thought about getting in the doorway [glad I saw that episode of Party of Five.]. Definitely weirded me out. Thankful nothing really awful happened, and now I can honestly say "I know" about earthquakes. [did I mention that I'm missing home?]

This hotel doesn't have digital TV. No antenna. Just an old school boob tube and remote. It's like staying at my parent's only the food isn't as good.

Basically - my job can be taxing at times, but it's a cool job and I get to experience cool things because of it.

Rolling Home, Tyler Hilton

No comments: