Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Road Journal - Day 1

Today started at 4 am. Day two of less than two hours of sleep.

Despite my nightmares of missing one of my two flights, loosing luggage, crashing, etc... I managed to get to the Keystone state with all ten fingers and toes... plus my bags.

I sat next to a guy on my first flight who carried on his '66 fender, and who's band just finished playing SXSW. He was very interesting... I didn't have to ask if he went to UNT; he had the kooky musician/filmmaker/writer thing going really well.

I guess all this head cold stuff hasn't quite left my ears, because oh.my.word. I thought they were going to burst. Ireally am not the biggest fan of flying.

This little town is pretty adorable. It's definetly New England; it's like little London. Tons of little, flat-like buildings. Everything is built up, not out, and everyone walks everywhere. All the buildings are ancient, and this is a town built on hills and through the LeHigh Valley.

I haven't had much of an opportunity to listen to much music, except a smidge of radio; enough to hear that Coldplay is releasing a fourth album, and that Maroon 5 is touring with Counting Crows this summer (BLAH).

I have about 7 hours on the road tomorrow, and only about 53 sermons to choose from. Should be fun. :)

1 comment:

Tori said...

Yay! Road journal! You're such a grown-up taking all these fun business trips. (Even if they're not fun, at least you're getting to see some different parts of the U.S. of A. I think I'd like the New England-y areas. Hope everything goes well on both the business and leisure sides of your trip, sweet friend. Love you!