Tuesday, June 26, 2007

when she walks into a room the whole world freezes

It is not enough to be good. I must MAKE good.


"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:8-9


I trick myself into thinking that I live a worthy life because I do a lot of good things. By the world's standards, and by christian standards...I am a good person. When someone meets me, are they captivated by my good behavior, or are they overwhelmed by the good within me? It is not enough that I behave well. I must - nonnegotiably must - produce good. I refuse to dry out and wither up only to be pruned back and tossed into the kindling.

I think the key here is "if you remain in me and MY WORDS REMAIN IN YOU...". I try, but not hard enough at having those words in my heart.

Just things I learned this weekend. Just things I'm thinking.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Good word. I'll memorize with you. I've been wanting to do just that, but I desperately need some accountability. You in?