Thursday, November 24, 2011

overflowing

I am thankful for...

...the best friends a girl could ask for. Near or far, you know who you are. They are a gift.
...parents who today celebrated 33 years of marriage. They still hold hands and I am so thankful they like each other more today than  they did 33 years ago. Their love for each other, and for their children is a gift.
...cups of  coffee with my family. We haven't always had pleasant moments over coffee, but I cherish them. They are a gift.
...a church family that stretches me, challenges me, builds me up, tears me down when I need it, and gives me ample opportunity to serve. The Commons Church is a gift.
...two older sisters who have taught me more about living life than they will ever know. I am thankful that we laugh far more than we fight. Our friendship is a gift.
...three younger sisters I can practice all those life lessons on. :) Their trust in me, and the fun we have together is a gift.
...music. I love that God put music in my heart and gave me a voice to sing. Sometimes, there is no other way to express myself, feel my way through something, celebrate, or grieve. Music & singing - it is gift.
...health. I know so many who suffer on a daily basis, and today, I am well and pain-free. I never want to take for granted that I am in good health. Every single day is a gift.
...a pastor who is more than just my pastor, he and his family are my friends. They shepherd me well because they know me and love me and are investing in me. Our friendship, and their leadership in my life is a gift.
...the future. I don't know what the future looks like, but I have great hope and expectations for big things.

"...great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities." Luke 12:48, The Message


No comments: