Monday, July 27, 2009

Good luck to you and the King.

I am recovering from two weeks of travel, and gearing up for another three. I feel like my brain is on auto-pilot and I have no control over where it goes and what it does, and things are exploding up there that I can't sort out fast enough.
I'm working through somethings that I come back to every so often, and as always, music plays a big part in usually helping me make sense of things.
Today's play list:

Skipping Stone, Amos Lee
"I don't know if I, I can do this anymore."

Walk Away, Ben Harper
"So many people to love in my life... why do I worry about one? You put the happy in my ness, you put the good times into my fun."

Stepping Stone, Duffy
"So I put on a face just like your friends. But I think you know, oh yes, you know what's goin on."

On Your Way, Eastmountainsouth
"I must find the courage to send you on your way."

Man on the Side, cover by Ernie Halter
"Could you pencil me in when you can?"

Hummingbird, John Mayer
"Not mine enough to need, but mine enough to always care."

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, John Mayer
"Can't seem to hold you like I want to."

Man on the Side, John Mayer
"Though we both know that the worst part about it is I would be free if you wanted me."

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, acoustic John Mayer
"My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room."

In Your Atmosphere, John Mayer
"Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationship to you."

Falling Off the Face of the Earth, Matt Wertz
"It's just so hard to let go once we've grabbed hold."

Burn, Ray LaMontagne
"I will stand here and burn in my skin."

No comments: